OK, my fall-loving friends. It’s that time of year where all of us over-prepared people start jotting down ideas for our 2013 Halloween costume. Because let’s face it — none of us want to be that person on October 30 looking through rummaged-through Halloween stores for an overpriced, -over hyped witch hat, right?
So we’ve compiled a list of the five hottest pop-culture infused Halloween costume ideas that will surely have people swooning over your creative-nature. And guess what! They won’t cost you an arm and a leg like that bloody arm and leg from the gore section of Party City cost.
1. Miley Cyrus: It’s the year of the twerk queen, ya’ll! That’s right, Miley Cyrus is number one on our list and you know exactly why. Her booty shaking moves have earned her that number one spot — especially after her risqué VMA performance. But we’re not telling you to dress in skimpy lingerie and twerk the night away. In fact, we think you should cover up head-to-toe in complete Miley fashion. Grab yourself a pair of platform sneakers, a crazy Cyrus-inspire ensemble, add some funky accessories, knot or spike your hair and enjoy your Halloween!
2. Serena Williams: After winning the U.S. Open, Serena Williams is all anybody can talk about and what perfect timing! Grab yourself a pink skort, a red sports top, a tennis racket and an attitude like you just beat Victoria Azarenka of Belarus in the women's singles final match at the U.S. Open tennis championships in New York!
3. Girls: It’s a Girls world, and we’re just living in it. This is a perfect Halloween costume idea for you and your best friends. Dress like your favorite character from the HBO series, whether it be Hannah, Jessa, Shoshanna, Marnie, Adam, or heck even Ray, and recite your favorite lines from the TV show, which returns to the small screen in January 2014.
4. Zooey Deschanel: The New Girl actress’ look is perfect to rock during Halloween this year. Get yourself the quirkiest of outfits, some fake, blunt bangs, and some incredible one-lines.
5. The Walking Dead: Out of all the supernatural creature-based TV shows it seems that zombies are the most popular. So grab a tethered t-shirt, some boots, a fake-plastic bat and walk the town as your favorite Walking Dead cast member this Halloween. But be careful — you could run into some walking dead on October 31!
What celeb do you want to dress up like for Halloween 2013? Let us know in the comments section below!