We don’t know whether we should say “aw” or “ew.” Today, we learned that One Direction member Harry Styles auctioned off an item of his clothing to donate all the proceeds to UNICEF. Sweet, right? Now here comes the gross part: it was unwashed!
So how much was Styles’ style worth? A Texas businessman, who won the auction, plunked down a whopping $4,845.53 to own the most conversation-starting T-shirt in the world — and just in time for the holidays!
Here are nine other weird celebrity items that we can’t believe were auctioned off and sold:
- Britney Spears Chewing Gum: The pop princess found herself in a sticky situation when her old piece of gum was offered for sale on eBay and sold at the hefty price of $14,000. Imagine how many packs of Orbits you could get for that?
- Marilyn Monroe’s X-Rays: The world’s most famous blonde just recently had her most intimate photos — her private x-rays — auctioned off for $25,600! “A medical file pertaining to cosmetic surgery performed on Marilyn Monroe. The file includes facial X-rays and doctors' notes from the office of Dr. Michael Gurdin, M.D., and the X-ray office of Drs. Conti and Steinberg,” the complete lot explained.
- Katy Perry’s Trampoline: This bouncy, cupcake-shaped bad boy, which can be seen in Perry’s “California Gurls” music video, was sold for $5,000. The profits went to aid those affected by the tsunami in Japan.
- Prince William And Kate Middleton’s Wedding Cake: Talk about a royal dessert! Some happy carb-lover just won themselves a sliver of Duchess Kate’s wedding cake for a total of $4,160 on Nov. 19. Who said you can’t have your cake and eat it, too?
- James Blunt’s Sister: This one is a bit strange. According to reports, the sultry singer advertised his sister on eBay when his sibling couldn’t find a way to Ireland to attend a funeral. “I came back to the flat where my sister was staying and she was crying because she couldn’t get to a funeral in Ireland,” Blunt explained.
“The planes were on strike, the ferry was out of season and there were no trains. I ended up whacking it on eBay: ‘Damsel in distress seeks knight in shining armor! Desperate to get to a funeral in southern Ireland, please help!’ The bids flooded in and the guy who won had a helicopter. He flew her to the funeral.” The most bizarre part of this story is that Blunt’s sister’s “knight in shining armor” ended up being the man she met down the aisle three years later!