Jenny McCarthy isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions — and we’re not just referring to her hosting gig on The View. While making an appearance on Bethenny, the 41-year-old blonde beauty admitted to the former reality star the lengths she would go to put a ring on Donnie Wahlberg’s finger.
"I told the universe I am ready for love. I said, 'bring The One'. I am not doing anymore auditions," she admitted. "I did one year of no dating, I am going to say no to everyone, and if someone breaks through where I'm like, 'Hmmm,' then I'll follow that, and I wound up giving him my phone number on the show. I made the first move," McCarthy revealed regarding her first romantic encounter with Wahlberg.
According to McCarthy, she’d been eyeing up the New Kids on the Block singer since she met him on Andy Cohen’s talk show. “On the show, when I first met him, I thought he was not available," the actress said. "In my head I thought he was married." But it wasn’t until the teen heartthrob made an appearance on her own show that she found out what his relationship status really was.
"I thought he was cute, but I thought he was married," she explained. "When I hear married, I put up a wall. Otherwise I would have been like, 'What's up?' It wasn't until he was on my talk show, and right before I said, 'Does he have a girlfriend? So I know how to interview him,' and they said, 'No, he's single.'" Since the former Playmate of the Year started dating Wahlberg, she’s even put marriage back on the table. "You know, I've said on every interview that I was like, 'Never get married again ever,' and, of course, you never say never. I think he would be an amazing husband, so if he does, I would for sure say yes," she said, before adding, "I wouldn't be surprised if I was the one proposing."
But McCarthy wouldn’t be the only celeb to pop the question! Here are five celebs who decided to take Beyonce’s advice and “put a ring on it.”
1. Not only did Kristen Bell asked Dax Sheppard to be her blushing groom, but the petite actress also stunned the world by proposing on Twitter! "@daxshepard will you marry me? Xo #marriageequality #loveislove,” the actress asked.
2. Princess of pop? More like princess of popping the question! Britney Spears was the one who asked Kevin Federline to be her awfully wedded husband.
3. Did you know that Elizabeth Taylor asked her co-star Montgomery Clift to marry her? No? Well, did you know that he said no? Seven husbands later, we think the iconic actress got over that denial.
4. We can’t exactly say we’re surprised that Pink took life by the motorcycle handles when she asked her husband Carey Hart to marry her. According to reports, the singer held up a sign that read “Will you marry me?” as Hart rode his third lap during a motocross championship.
5. Jennifer Hudson wasn’t afraid to go after her Happily Ever After. The American Idol winner played it old school as she got down on one knee and asked her boyfriend David Otunga to marry her.