When you think of the gorgeous Pamela Anderson what comes to your mind? Perhaps her sun-kissed tan, or maybe the iconic Baywatch bikini that showed off her stunning hourglass shape. One of the striking star's trademark features met a surprising demise recently when Anderson chopped off her long blond locks, leaving her almost unrecognizable in a chic new pixie cut. This wasn't a Halloween trick. But it certainly was a treat to see the 46-year-old bombshell strutting around with a modern Charlize Theron-esque 'do.
Some may argue that Anderson no longer embodies her former sex-symbol look. But, like so many other celebs today Pamela Anderson is redefining the word sexy. And we couldn't be happier.
Anderson never looked chicer as she paired her perfect pixie with nautical stripes and a white sweater. The magical scissors managed to knock years off of Anderson's appearance, leaving her looking younger and fresher than ever before.
Anderson isn’t the only Tinseltown star to redefine sexy. Here are five stars who take beautiful to a new level.
1. You can’t rain on Lea Michele’s parade. Before winning over our hearts over with her portrayal of Rachel Berry on Glee, Michele was taking on bullies outside of McKinley high school. “When I was 15, my mother and I went to meet a manager who said, ‘You have to get a nose job in order for me to work with you.' My mother would say to me, ‘Barbra Streisand never got a nose job. You’re not getting a nose job.’”
2. We love Kat Dennings just the way she is, but apparently casting agents did not. When she was just starting out in the movie biz, Dennings was advised to lose weight, get a tan, dye her hair and fix her teeth. Thankfully, Dennings turned her gorgeous cheekbones away from that advice.
3. She was named the “Unsexiest Woman Alive” and was the topic of conversation on a website that insisted she resembled a horse. But even with all that negativity, Sarah Jessica Parker has come out on top, proving her unconventional beauty is something to be admired.
During an interview with Allure magazine in 2008 the Sex and the City star explained that the industry would ask her to do “anything from as silly as plucking my eyebrows to getting my nose fixed.” However, Carrie Bradshaw said that the comments were "nothing that stayed in my brain for very long.”
4. Nia Vardalos is another star who has redefined sexy. “This agent I was once working with said, ‘You are not fat enough to be a character actress, and you’re not pretty enough to be a leading lady. Plus, there are no Greek roles. So I can no longer represent you.’ I was like, don’t hold anything back. Speak your mind. Then she dropped me," the protagonist of the film My Big Fat Greek Wedding said.
5. Lena Dunham may not be a runway model, but this funny girl has shown real beauty isn’t determined by your waist measurements. From mesh tank tops to nude scenes, this Girls star isn’t afraid to bare it all and show the world what a different type of beauty looks like. We love her rawness, don’t you?